Are you 29 and under and interested in building your network and leadership skills while working alongside top industry experts in your field?
The Studio Y Fellowship is for young professionals who want to dive deep into the problems within their fields while working collaboratively with partners with diverse sets of expertise.
We find the most novel and useful solutions to difficult challenges come from cross-sector collaboration. That’s why our curriculum brings together Fellows who might never have worked together outside the program.
Fellows work alongside more than 3,000 professional entrepreneurs, researchers, policy experts, educators and social scientists. They make valuable connections and find mentors, advisors, and collaborators.
Along the way, our Fellows develop their leadership abilities and build their skills in communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- 29 years old or younger as of first day of program (September 15, 2017)
- Resident of Ontario
- Legally entitled to work in Ontario for the duration of the program (September 15, 2017 – 27 May, 2018)
- Not enrolled full or part time in an academic or training program for the duration of the Fellowship (September 15, 2017 – 27 May, 2018)
- Available to attend the mandatory interview on July 22-23, 2017 and additional interviews as needed for placement opportunities (July 27 – August 1)
- Able to commit to the seven program residencies:
- September 15-24, 2017
- October 25-29, 2017
- November 29 – December 3, 2017
- January 24-28, 2018
- March 7-11, 2018
- April 11-15, 2018
- May 23-27, 2018
Applications Open: May 3, 2017
Info Sessions: June 5 – 28, 2017, various locations across Ontario
Applications Close: June 28, 2017 at 12:01 pm EST
Fellowship Interviews: July 21-23, 2017 in Toronto (Travel assistance available)
Placement Interviews: July 27-August 1, 2017
Offers Extended: August 2, 2017
Fellowship Program Starts: September 15, 2017
Fellowship Program Finishes: May 27, 2018
Studio Y Placements are opportunities for Fellows to work full-time with a business unit at MaRS over the course of the Fellowship program. The Studio Y model focuses on work-integrated learning that encourages participants to apply their skills and tools they develop during the program in their work. You can see the placement positions available to applicants here:
- Studio Y Fellowship Placement – MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
- Studio Y Fellowship Placement – Advanced Energy Centre (AEC)
- Studio Y Fellowship Placement – MaRS Data Catalysts (Talent)
- Studio Y Fellowship Placement – Partnerships and Corporate Development
- Studio Y Fellowship Placement – MaRS Market Intelligence
- Studio Y Fellowship Placement – MaRS Corporate and Venture Programs
- Studio Y Fellowship Placement – MaRS Excellence in Clinical Innovation and Technology Evaluation (EXCITE)
- Studio Y Fellowship Placement – MaRS Solutions Lab
- Studio Y Fellowship Placement – Venture Services (Work and Learning)
Placements are full-time commitments over the course of the Fellowship program. You will be a full member of the MaRS business unit and will be accountable to both the Fellowship and your business unit. You will report directly to your MaRS team manager. You must be in good standing in your placement to continue in the Fellowship and vice versa. Please carefully read the job postings for an understanding of your role.
The selection of placement Fellows is more rigorous to ensure fit with both the Fellowship and MaRS business unit. As part of the placement application, we request a cover letter for the position, contact information for two professional references (contacted if you are shortlisted) and an additional interview with the business unit. You may apply for up to two different placements. Keep in mind that priority will be given to your first choice of placement.
Thank you to everyone who attended our in-person and online information sessions! We’ve uploaded the recording of our English and French online sessions, available here.